Nantwich Writers' Group Logo
Nantwich Writers' Group
Nantwich Writers' Group Blog
Welcome to The Nantwich Writers' Group Web Site
Please feel free to look around - you'll find information about the group's work, our group diary as well as the writing diaries of individual members.
 Home
 About Penny
 Perpetual Story
 News
 Message Boards
 Links
 Bookshelf
 Contact
 Group Blog
 Penny’s Blog
 Sharon’s Blog
 Iona’s Blog
 Chris’ Blog
 Richard's Blog
 Christopher's Blog
 Kate's Blog
 Joan's Blog
 Shirley's Blog
 Carole's Blog
 Bookworm On The Net
 Grumpy Old Bookman
 UK Historical Romance
 Romancing The Blog
 Scribes' Sanctuary
 Writesville
  Next Meeting and Short Story Comps
  NWG-- Hotbed of Romance and Excitement!
  Blog from Joan - at last
  And about time too.
  In hiding from my laptop!
  Here by the miracle of modern technology.
  Nantwich Writers' Group Blog
  Hello from Penny
  Long Time No See
  My first blog!
Powered by Blogger


New page - How we got engaged
Monday, May 01, 2006
Sharon, - lovely posts re your engagement. I am so pleased for you both.

All the comments made me think that we should perhaps have a 'how I got engaged' page; for Tales of the Ring, both true and false!

Following Steve's death I took off my wedding and engagement rings, and replaced them with a new, and rather gorgeous ring - my widowhood ring. I thought it was rather a meaningful gesture, but exactly the kind of meaning it could seem to have in other eyes was brought home to me the other day when I was told the following joke

'The stone his widow bought when John died cost nearly $35,000.'
'Wow,that must be some headstone.'
'Yeah, she spent the kids inheritance on a three carat diamond.'

or words to that effect.

Mine though reminds me, in the very best of ways, of Steve.
Oh and I paid for it myself out of my own money.
Posted by Penny on 10:21 AM   

1 Comments:
Anonymous Sharon J said...

Actually, I'm going to open a thread on the message board about this as it could be interesting.

I'd never noticed that you don't wear your wedding ring ensemble but now you've mentioned this, I think I can recall you having a white gold and diamond ring? I'll have to have a look next time we meet.

Wed May 03, 08:50:00 PM   


Post a Comment

<< Home